Sunday, July 24, 2011

Potter Again

I vividly remembered my dream this morning when I woke up. That hasn't happened much recently, since we've either been traveling or sleeping really late. (I think I'm still jetlagged and on Pacific time.)

In the dream, a group of my college friends and others had gotten together. That's a big deal on its own, since we are spread around the country/world. We walked to a movie theater near where we were staying; it was someplace sunny, spacious and relaxing, so maybe it was in California. It was called the Rainbow Cinema. (Not sure where that visual/name came from...)

Even though Captain America was opening that weekend (it was apparently a very current dream), we went to go see Harry Potter. I had already seen it (true in real life) but happily went to see it again because I love all things Harry Potter (also true in real life). Our tickets had one theater number on them (I think 8) but we were told to go to a different one. It was an "overflow theater" concept, where they send everyone for a movie to one place until it's full, and then fill the next theater. (This has happened to me before but I can't remember for which movie.)

The theater did not have stadium seating. I was stuck behind a tall woman with blond feathery kind-of-80s hair (kind of like Ferris Bueller's mother). And the 3 tall people in front of her. That kind of sucked. A wasn't there either. He had been but then I think he got caught up talking to some people from work and then maybe didn't see Potter with us. Not sure.

At some point before the movie, I left to get a snack. I was thinking of a hot dog. Then I decided to go to the bathroom. Unfortunately, after I got there after walking through a giant complex (and it looked like the bathrooms were at a hotel connected to the theater), I found that the toilets were all not flushed and it was gross. But if you have to go, you have to go! Then I woke up.

The end of that dream was no doubt influenced by our last AMC visit. We went to see Harry Potter at an evening showing (around 7:45) so it was after 10 when we got out of the theater. Our first stop after a movie is usually the bathroom. However, all the bathrooms were closed/closing already! There were still so many movies in progress, so why would they do that?! Before I realized they were closing, I had gone to one bathroom where a girl was complaining to a friend/sister that none of the toilets were flushing. So not only were they closing, but you can turn off the flush? She was right, as the toilets held contents that were yellow, yellow, yellow, red, yellow, yellow and yellow (TMI?). I ran out of there and waited until we got home, because that's really just gross. I'm glad we stick to matinee showings...

I guess I have movies on the brain because we are trying to make it to Captain America this morning. But where is Rainbow Cinema?

No comments:

Post a Comment