Friday, May 16, 2014

Happiness List - 05.15.2014

I haven't done one of these in a while, but I have always found these really valuable for keeping spirits high and appreciating all the good things in life, no matter how small. Not a lot happened today, but here's today's list.

1. I fried eggs for the first time. This might not sound like much of an accomplishment, but until a year or so ago, I really just bought eggs in cartons, like egg beaters or egg whites. They were more convenient and I only made omelettes anyway. I've been experimenting this calendar year with more than omelettes and scrambles, and have really started to appreciate the runny yolk of poached and fried eggs.

2. I moved the sorting boxes in the living room from the exercise mats to the general clutter area. We still have a ton of clutter and I didn't get rid of or go through much, but psychologically, opening up the space makes me feel so much better. Now I can finally get back to yoga and exercise, which I desperately need.

3. Diner breakfast for dinner. Fried eggs, corned beef hash, and home fries. Not exactly the home fries that are my favorite type, but good breakfast potatoes nonetheless.


4. Haribo twin cherries.

5. Caught up a little more on Elementary by watching 2 episodes, although the DVR felt our progress was not good enough and didn't record tonight's finale. At least the DVR is now only 97% full as a result, so tomorrow's recordings should be fine.

6. I transcribed something really fascinating about how wellness programs intersect with law and taxes. It's something I've never thought about before, and I haven't felt that interested in a legal topic in a while. It was good for my brain to exercise that segment.

7. Slices of pepper jack cheese from Target for a snack.

8. The first episode of Riot made me laugh. Steve Carell is so funny.

9. Jeopardy's Battle of the Decades is in its final round and it was incredibly entertaining tonight. You have the person who won the most money, the person who won the most games, and the person with the highest single game winnings. It's the perfect trio to vie for the title. I feel a little bad for Roger, but watching the other 2 peer pressure him into a true daily double was very entertaining for those of us with nothing at stake. Thank you to whoever came up with the idea for this tournament.

10. 3 years ago today, we were on our day trip in Geneva, Switzerland. We may not be on vacation now, but I'm getting to relive some great memories. I miss those carefree days.

I told you not much happened. But it's all about the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment