Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chipotle and Sprinkles

It's tough remembering dreams. You have so many of them throughout the night, sometimes connected and sometimes not, and when you get up - poof, they're all gone. Especially because of the violent nature of alarms. I try to recall as many as possible, and luckily, this morning, a few details persist.

These were all parts of dreams I had shortly before waking up. I don't know if they were connected, but I do have some idea of where they originated (for once).

First, I was at Chipotle. But this Chipotle had more options. It wasn't like Baja Fresh or Qdoba with their options, as they still stuck to the same formula (pick your base, pick your protein, pick your salsa, etc). It wasn't like they added soup or something. But instead of the cilantro-lime rice, there were rice options! There was the regular rice, a "Mexican rice" (which was a white rice with onions and peppers mixed in, as well as tomatoes) and a guacamole rice (which looked exactly how it sounds).

In addition, they had chorizo. I guess regular locations are starting to get chorizo now, but before we only had it at the test kitchen. When I was getting my order (which was at some store located in the middle of a big warehouse-like building), the worker mistakenly gave me chicken instead of chorizo. She asked if I wanted her to do it over, but I didn't want to waste food, so I asked if she could just add some chorizo to the top so I could at least try it, instead of redoing the whole thing. She had no problem with that, and I went on my way. Sometime later, I was obsessing over finding the receipt to see whether or not I was charged extra for that since the burrito bowl seems a little expensive. At this point in the dream, it gets a little fuzzy.

My thought is that this part of the dream came out of a few things: (a) I like the Chipotle test kitchen, (b) the guacamole v. guacamole + chips discussion we had last night at dinner over our receipt (maybe we will write this up later) and (c) I really don't like wasting food. It was also so realistic, other than Chipotle having rice options.

Sometime later in the dream, or in the next one, I was in the grocery store, a place I love. I was picking up products I couldn't get at home, yet somehow simultaneously visiting my parents. I guess we don't live near each other at this time in the dream. Clearly, this was influenced by our layover in Munich, in which we stuffed as much Haribo (my favorite candy brand) as we could carry into our carry-on bags. (It's not that crazy when it's all stuff you can't get at home! Have you ever seen sour mango gummies in the States?) In the dream, I wasn't picking up Haribo though. I was looking at all sorts of food, including boxed sets of assorted sprinkles. This was definitely related to last night's visit to Holey Cream (which we also need to write up) where we got a donut ice cream sandwich with rainbow sprinkles as a topping.

Outside of the food, I only have snippets of other dreams, but they involve running from bad guys, a van, and possibly some espionage. That must be from watching TV and movies. Maybe it was from last night's Star Wars and LOTR viewings?

But for now... off to the movies, not Chipotle. But I'm sure I'll pick up Chipotle sometime this week if it's still floating around in my dreamworld!

No comments:

Post a Comment