Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Continental to Geneva!

So here began our honeymoon to Greece. After our first little meal we boarded our flight from Newark to Geneva. Our first airline out of five was going to be a bit of a challenge to enjoy. As soon as we got to our seats, we knew we were in for a long flight figuratively and literally.

Don't be fooled, we were plenty unhappy with the seating

We did what we could to sleep, but the conditions weren't the most comfortable. We sat in the middle and aisle of a 3 seat section, and when all three seats were crammed into each other, I knew it would be an issue. I'm 6'5", and I have broad shoulders. In fact, my shoulders are wider than the seats, and, sitting in the middle seat, life was unhappy. So M and I finally sat down, and if I didn't think this flight was going to suck then I sure realized it quickly. Even after pushing myself back as far as I could into my seat, my knees were still pressed into the seat in front of me.

Not all was bad, though. Continental offers a nice in-flight entertainment system for international flights. I'm not sure about their domestic flights, but it's a nice distraction to have on really long flights. I know I fell asleep a few times, since I had put on some music through the aforementioned IFE, and I would wake up to having missed about 90% of the album. I think this may have happened 3 times. Not sure how much M slept, but it couldn't have been that much more than I did.

Many movies were watched

Eventually we reached our destination. It was a long, uncomfortable flight, but we were in Geneva, and it was all worth it.

We're in Geneva!

At some point they fed us some dinner and breakfast, but that's a story for a different time.

No comments:

Post a Comment