Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shooting Pain

I think I may have sciatica. Yesterday afternoon what I thought was my hip started bothering me. I thought it was because I recently switched to a standing desk setup from my usual sedentary life. I exercised and stretched a little and then sat without moving since it was more comfortable. The pain got worse by the hour to the point where right now I can barely walk. Hoping Aleve will work enough that I am able to walk to the chiropractor's office soon.

I had no idea what it could be until I mentioned it to my mom this morning and she suggested sciatica. I looked it up online and found the following description of sciatica, which is spot on:
The pain may be dull, sharp, burning or accompanied by intermittent shocks of shooting pain beginning in the buttock travelling downward into the back or side of the thigh and/or leg.
(I can't get the link to the site where I found that because it was on my blackberry and when I go to the site here, it doesn't say the same thing!)

Hoping the chiropractor and/or physical therapist will be able to do something to alleviate the pain. It's currently a 9 (since I'm sure something can be worse, even though this brings tears to my eyes) but I keep thinking about upgrading every time I get up and walk. The one block walk to the chiropractor looks like a mile right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment