Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stupid

That's me.

M and I have a storage unit since we moved from a 641 sq ft apartment in Chicago to a 550 sq ft apartment here in NYC. It's amazing how little you can fit in a 550 sq ft apartment. Or maybe you can actually fit a lot provided you don't have stuff that was accommodated by an extra near 100 sq ft.

Anyway, I brought some stuff out to the storage unit tonight to try and free up some space. It was bulky and a little hard to handle, but I was able to carry everything to the garage to put into the car. Once I get there I realized that I hadn't grabbed the access key card to get into the storage areas. Frustrated, I locked up the car and walked back to the apartment to get the card. After finally driving my way to the storage facility, unloading the items, and taking the elevator up to our floor, I realized I hadn't brought the key to the lock. After much cursing and curbing of the desire to kick all of the items up and down the hallway, I made my way back to the car, reloaded everything back into the trunk, and drove back to the apartment.

I left the car double-parked outside our building and ran in hoping beyond hope that the minute or two that it would take me to grab the key wouldn't cause our car to get hit or ticketed. Luckily none of that happened, and I was able to get the stuff moved into the storage unit.

Upon returning to the garage, I was just in time to see someone pulling into the spot I had vacated nearly an hour earlier. Had I not been delayed several times by my own stupidity, I would have been able to park back in my spot on the ground floor right by the exit.

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment