Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sigh...

So this past weekend I returned to basketball. My initial plan was to just go out and shoot around for about an hour similar to what I did the last time. However, one of the teams playing only had 4 players, and they needed me to be their 5th. The doctor did say I was healthy enough to go back to basketball, but I was trying to heed his advice to work back in slowly. Alas, my friends were in need, and I couldn't say no.

It felt good to get out and run up and down the court. I was obviously rusty and definitely not in any sort of game shape. I constantly found myself 2-3 steps slow in regards to what I wanted to do. The brain is still sharp, but the body... not so much.

Now, I'd like to say that I went through this game with little more than some bumps and scrapes, but that just wouldn't be me would it? No, within the first 2-3 minutes of the game, I planted hard on my left foot and immediately felt a surge of pain coming from one of the bones on the top of the foot. It felt exactly like a stress fracture I had suffered about 4 years ago. Now, had the team had more players available, I would have sat out more. However, being their 5th player, I had to play much of the game before we actually got more subs, and I could sit out.

So in my first actual game action coming back from my knee surgery, I potentially broke a bone in my foot. God I suck...

No comments:

Post a Comment