Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Presidents Day

Happy Presidents Day! (aka the last holiday before the long stretch that leads up to Memorial Day, although in A's case, that was New Years)

I had the day off from work today and I can't say that I made the most of it. I was so much more productive yesterday. Yesterday the day didn't start very early either but I was so energized during the Knicks game against the Mavs that I got a ton of cleaning done. It doesn't look like much but I organized a lot of stuff, went through a bunch of magazines, can finally put my feet on my footstool again, etc. That cleaning energy lasted for the entire Knicks game (which they awesomely won) and for the entire Barcelona soccer game against Valencia (which Messi awesomely dominated with 4 goals). It kept going as I watched the postgame show (in Spanish) and then Harry Potter 5 on ABC Family's Harry Potter Weekend and I think I had so much energy that I couldn't sleep last night at all. I was up until close to 5 am for no good reason, tossing and turning and trying to sleep. I haven't had this much energy in so long and it was such a foreign feeling.

No such luck today. After sleeping so late, I barely got up before noon (thank goodness it wasn't a work day), dealt with a stomachache (why do I always feel crappy on days off?), and then met A for lunch specials at Thai Palate, yet another Thai place on 9th Avenue that we haven't tried before. The lunch specials were fine (nothing extraordinary), but after I came home, caught up on some more TV and did more trip research, it was already the end of the work day! I don't know where the day went. I can't say I spent it productively cleaning like yesterday. I wish I could. I guess I used up all of my energy yesterday!

I am glad I had the day off to rest, even if I didn't spend it getting cleaning done or going to the gym as I had originally intended. Thank you, Presidents!

No comments:

Post a Comment