Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Castle 4.1

"Rise" (originally aired September 19, 2011)

Castle is probably one of my favorite dramas on TV right now. I love the cast, I love the stories and just find the show a lot of fun. I was anxiously awaiting the season premiere after last season's intense (and sad) finale. I knew Beckett would be fine (after all, there is an entire season of the show to go), but I was still looking forward to seeing how they resolved the storyline of her mother's murder.

This episode wasn't one of my favorites but it was a necessary step in dealing with the aftermath of the shooting and the transition from the Montgomery-era to the new Gates-era. (Unfortunately, when I see the new captain, all I think of is Sherry Palmer. 24 season 1 was one of the first shows that I watched faithfully without missing an episode.) The story was still intense, as it dealt with recovery and whether or not to pursue the investigation (and that ending just spells trouble), so it was less amusing than some others.

That said, I'm glad the team is back, and I can't wait for the next episode. Superhero fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment