Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall is in the air

A cool breeze kicked up this afternoon/evening after the rain subsided, and it felt good. Even though I enjoy lounging around when it's hot outside, something about the cool Fall breezes is invigorating. M and I do not claim to be morning people. In fact, I would venture to say that we are anti-morning people. Because of this, we have issues waking up and staying awake during the day. We're not sure what our problem is, but we know we need to fix it.

However, as tired as I was today, I felt great and alive when I walked home from work. I don't know how M felt about it, but the cool crispness in the air felt good. Another thing that I love about Fall is that it means two things are back: football and pumpkin.

I love football. I love watching it, I love playing fantasy football, I even love playing it when I have people to play with. Something about how important every game is on a weekly basis makes the sport that much more exciting. Even if my Bears and M's Giants continuously fall short and frustrate us to no end, we can't help but keep cheering (and eventually feeling let down). M would probably start talking about baseball since she's a Yankees fan, but I'm a Cubs fan. Fall usually doesn't mean a whole lot to me baseball-wise.

But one thing we both enjoy is pumpkins. No, we don't like carving them and making jack-o-lanterns, we like eating them. We also really enjoy pumpkin flavored things. Frozen yogurt, lattes, pies, bread, custard, beer, the uses are endless!

Fall truly is one of the best times of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment