Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

We're at my parents' house and I just finished making the mashed potatoes. I love mashing potatoes. So much fun. It's usually also a stress release to mash them but this year they were pretty soft so it became mashed and creamy fairly quickly. I called myself the mashed potato line cook. It's not my recipe but I'm providing the labor. It's worth it though because otherwise we would have baked potatoes and mashed potatoes are just so much better. Especially the healthy way we made them (a little margarine, a lot of Greek yogurt, skim milk) which had no butter.

Thankful for many things in my life. I know I complain a lot, sometimes about little things, sometimes about things that are more overarching and overwhelming. But I truly am thankful for my husband, family, friends, activities, interests, freedom, having a home, having food on the table, having my health (generally), and even having work to do. I know there are so many people out there who have it worse and that we're really fortunate for all that we have. So, on this Thanksgiving, may we give thanks for everything we've been blessed to have in our lives - things both big and small - and enjoy family, friends and food!

No comments:

Post a Comment