Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Shoulder Relief

All day I've been trying to push my shoulders down and back to improve my posture, hoping it would make my aching back feel better. Nothing I tried worked. I even tried using my opposite hand to physically push my shoulder back and it wouldn't move.

Then I went to the chiropractor and complained about how I couldn't get my shoulders to go backwards. (I am always hunched over the computer and have terrible posture, so this is no surprise.) He tried something new (to me) where I was on my back and half rolled to the side, and something cracked, and ohmygoodness, my shoulders are where they should be. I have no idea what he did but my shoulders have not gone back that far in months, if not more than that. I know it probably won't even last for an hour with my horrible body structure but the amazing relief that I had when I stood up and realized I was actually standing with correct posture was incredible. I can't stop talking about how good it feels - to have normal posture. I think I'm going to have to request that from now on because that was so, so, so, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment