Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Good Riddance

As we count down to 2012 (already, yikes!), it's time to reflect on the past year and think about what we can do differently next year. One way to move on to bigger and better things is to rid yourself of all the baggage you've accumulated in 2011. The good folks over in Times Square have a solution:


I saw this "good riddance day" advertised on some of the garbage cans when I was walking home rather late from work the other day. Snapped a photo this morning so I could take a closer look at what they were advertising. It's a contest to win an iPad2 for the most creative discarding of "distasteful, embarrassing and down right depressing memories" from 2011.

It's during work so I don't think I'll be participating. I don't really have anything to bring anyway. There isn't one particular thing I want to discard from 2011. If anything, 2011 was more of a "rut" than the year that gave rise to something distasteful or embarrassing. But I do like the symbolic idea of letting go, of physically ridding yourself of something negative, of choosing to move on and to leave the crap behind. Something to think about as we get closer to December 31. A new start is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment