Friday, December 23, 2011

Wacky Winter Weather

I guess it's now officially winter. But it felt more like winter in October, when it was snowing and freezing winds were blowing around, than it does right now, at 47 degrees.

Two days ago it was 61 degrees. When we went out for dinner. Around 8:30 pm. That's crazy (but good)! It felt like spring in December. My mind is confused. The lack of daylight still means I need to sit in front of the sun lamp in order to function, but unlike last year, it's not freezing outside, I've only worn my long down coat once this season so far (once!) and they don't expect a blizzard to arrive the day after Christmas.

I'm not a huge fan of the cold weather (unless it helps you cuddle up under blankets on the couch with hot chocolate watching a movie after taking a walk in snow that falls like feathers - that's my favorite feeling of winter) but it doesn't "feel" like it's the end of the year. This isn't the south or California; it is supposed to be cold here in December. I guess it will be cold again in time for Christmas, but by cold, I still mean a high in the 40s. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment