Monday, December 5, 2011

Cushions

It's been awhile since I've done one of those random photo diary posts, and even though it's after 3 am, I feel compelled to write one. I guess that's what happens when you wake up at 12:30 pm on Sunday afternoon.


2 couch cushions, which look remarkably similar to our current Ikea couch cushions, on top of a stone patio. Not a very exciting photo. Except that it reminds me of a great hotel in a fantastic place.

This photo is from the Nissaki Beach Hotel in Naxos, Greece, one of the islands we stopped at on our honeymoon in Greece. We loved Naxos and didn't want to leave. Once we got to our next stop (Santorini), it was so crowded that we wanted to go back to Naxos, where it was relaxing and serene. This patio was outside our room door. We could climb up and sit on the cushions, looking out over the entire St. George Beach area. It was secluded and quiet. We loved that hotel. And they had fantastic breakfasts.

I uploaded a ton of photos from our honeymoon this weekend. I'm so behind and have been intending to do this for awhile. If I had run the random photo diary photo search yesterday using the same numerical parameters, I would have never come across this photo as it came from an album I just put up today. I can't believe we've been back from the honeymoon for over 6 months, yet I still haven't finished the photos. I wonder if I'll ever be caught up on photos. It's kind of necessary in order to erase camera cards!

This weekend I've been reliving our time in Mykonos (another great island) for the photo uploading and food blogging, and am just now moving on to Naxos. It brings back a lot of good memories. If you're looking for a relaxing Greek island with things to see and great food, we highly recommend Naxos. It's a truly wonderful island.

No comments:

Post a Comment