Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Do Not Buy Lists

I read an article not long ago about people putting together "do not buy" lists for the grocery store so that they didn't buy too much or buy repeats of what they already have. I think I need to put together a "do not buy" list in general. It's interesting that there is such an overabundance of stuff, since I am much more about buying "experiences" than buying things as a theoretical matter (something else which has come up a lot in articles lately), but I really need to stop the consumption.

So what am I not allowed to buy (except in extraordinary circumstances or until I use up what I have)?

- Lotion
- Underwear (except for the ones I can get with free coupons)
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer (except for the ones I can get with free coupons)
- Bikinis (except pieces to complete the mismatched halves I have)
- Bar soap
- White socks
- Magazine subscriptions (except free to keep airline miles active)

Any other ideas for things I might have too much of which I should add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment