Monday, April 23, 2012

Happiness List - 04.22.2012

It's been awhile since I did one of these happiness lists.  Considering how overwhelming life is with moving and everything else going on (not all of which I've talked about here), I want to concentrate on the good, the little things (and sometimes big things) which I am thankful for, the things that make me happy.

So today's list (for Sunday) of things that made me happy:

1.  We got to see friends who live far away. R and C were stopping by NYC on the way back home and we met up with them at Newark Airport for a couple of hours.  R is one of A's good friends from high school, so it was great to catch up, even though it was only a couple of hours and we hung out on the check-in line and in the airport food court.

2.   We had a good dinner at Bonefish Grill.  It was A's first time at Bonefish Grill and possibly mine (I can't remember if I went to one years ago).  We had healthy grilled seafood with lots of veggies for sides.  The fried calamari wasn't so healthy but it was tasty.  We were quite happy with dinner.

3.  The rain washed a lot of the pollen out of the air.  I could breathe today (for the most part).  According to the pollen forecast, it won't last and on Tuesday it will be up near 11 again, but a day off from tree pollen was very necessary.

4.  I found even more gift cards that still have money on them. Yay!

5.  While going through piles of stuff, I found some old photos that brought back good memories, like the time at Foxwoods when 6 of us crammed into a photo booth.  I really don't want to forget any of the good memories but my brain feels so overloaded...

6.  Going out to Jersey and driving on the Turnpike reminded me of another reason why we're working so hard on the move and unpacking (even though it is so hard to have enough energy these days).  Once everything is neat and in order, we can go out and do things and not have to worry about our apartment and decluttering!  It will be so liberating!

No comments:

Post a Comment