Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happiness List - 04.23.2012

Despite the weather being cold (back to the 40s!), there were some things today that made me happy:

1.  Tropical punch G2 is pretty good.

2.  One of the Metrocards I found in our cleaning up was (a) not expired and (b) not empty!  It had 15 cents left on it.  Rather than letting those 15 cents go to the MTA, I added $2.10 to my card and now have enough for a trip.  I saved 15 cents from going to waste!

3.  They were doing a Blackberry Be Bold promotion on 42nd Street.  If you had a Blackberry, you could enter to win free tickets (I don't remember for what, other than the Yankees).  Not many people stopped.  Blackberry is really fighting an uphill battle right now since the technology just isn't anywhere close to what Android and iPhone can do.  But since I still have a Blackberry for work, I could enter the contest for the tickets (you need BBM).  Maybe there will be less competition.  Ha.

4.  I still love the Seamless pickup option on my iPhone app.  I've used it 3x over the span of a week.  It's so easy.  Almost too easy.

5.  Missing is a really good show.  I don't understand why more people aren't watching.  It's thrilling, the characters are good, the kids aren't annoying, lots of smart people and action.  And it's filmed in Europe!  You can't replicate that with a set.

6.  When cleaning up a pile of crap, I found a bunch of work papers that I forgot years ago to bring back to the office.  At least those are easy to get rid of!

7.  Diner waffle fries.

8.  Opportunity and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment