Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happiness List - 04.28.2012

I was supposed to go to sleep hours ago in my continuing attempt to fix my sleep schedule, but I was cleaning/unpacking later than expected. One reason is that everything tonight was later than we hoped since our car battery died, delaying us. There were other minor annoyances - shower rack fell off the wall (what did the previous tenants do?!) but A was able to fix it, I was really cold all day (didn't wear enough for this chilly late April weather), tons of traffic all over the west side (what was going on?!), loud screaming manners-less kids at the museum (sigh), the stupid refs and Lebron flopping all over the place during the Knicks game (so aggravating that I'm just not going to watch if this keeps up) - so this seems like a good day to do a happiness list (even though I am half asleep) to remind myself of the (big and) little things that made it a good day.

1. My grandparents returned from their long trip and we had a family dinner. I missed seeing them and the rest of the family.

2. Warm sunny weather in the afternoon.

3. The underwater parts of the Creatures of Light exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History. (The fireflies part, not so much.)

4. Really good Chinese food. Fried flounder, Japanese tofu, assorted Chinese vegetables, rice with perfect texture, garlic garnishes, green leafy vegetables - all good.

5. Looked at and put away (yay) the rest of the boarding passes from our European honeymoon. I didn't even realize they weren't in the box when I re-sorted everything last week. Glad I found them (since Netherlands/Belgium tickets are still yet to be found in our boxes).

6. A and I took a self-photo on the crappy front facing camera on my phone but it actually came out kind of nice.

7. Weighing ourselves on all the scales at the Rose Center (although I forgot to photograph my weight on the moon). I do not want to be on a neutron star where I would weigh over 2 trillion pounds.

8. Found my green Metrocard.

9. It's ridiculous how satisfying it feels to shred paper, but it just feels really good. Somehow it's therapeutic.

10. My mail forwarding went through correctly this time so hopefully I will get forwarded mail now.

11. My aunt's oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookies.

12. The clearance sale at CVS on generic Nasalcrom and finding a CVS that had a ton of boxes left.

What made you happy this Saturday? Did your car battery not die today? Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment