Saturday, April 28, 2012

Finally

Finally the USPS got something right.

After the debacle over the 1st change of address/mail forwarding card, where the post office thought I resided on the 83rd floor, I submitted a new card at a different post office (not the main one but a branch one).  The guy I got it from looked like a seasoned post office vet.  I told him that the USPS on the phone had told me I could get a card there, and he asked me what happened.  I answered that my forwarding didn't go through correctly.  He told me it happens all the time and he wasn't surprised.

That's great.  Even the post office workers aren't surprised that people aren't getting their forwarded mail.

I submitted the new card, taking extra time and effort to make the apartment numbers super clear.  There was no way they could misread it.  I still didn't trust them though.

Luckily today we checked the mail and both the old address and the forward address are correct.  I have yet to get any forwarded mail but it does take a few days to kick into effect, so hopefully I'll get something soon.

A's still having problems with his.  He gets some mail forwarded, some not.  But the address in his confirmation was wrong and he had to submit a correction.  We'll see what happens.  What a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment