Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cookies

Ninth Avenue food fair, 2010. I don't even remember who was offering $1 cookies, but I like to take photos of chalkboards advertising specials and/or menus. I don't know why, but I love them.


I remember going to the Ninth Avenue food fair with my parents when I was younger. I don't remember too much about the area but it was different from how it is now. It's crazy to think that now I live in this neighborhood but when I was little, people were really concerned about safety. How things change.

Although NYC has a lot of food fairs, this one stuck out for me because of the diversity of food. I remember getting empanadas when we went when I was younger. I remembered that there was also Greek food and all these other cuisines. The idea of going to one street fair and being able to get all of that was fun. I also remember doing sand art. We still have those bottles in the kitchen.

This is the one street fair we try to make it to every year. This year we had an evening flight to Geneva but we still went to visit the street fair for lunch. Even though there are only a few local merchants nowadays, it's still worth it to check those out at a sampling price.

No comments:

Post a Comment