Thursday, October 6, 2011

Donuts

The "best" part of this randomly chosen photo is that, until it came up, I had no recollection of the event.


It's from August 2008 from a dinner we apparently had at Breeze, a restaurant in our neighborhood. I remembered that we had gone there once before this year but I really had no memory of getting donuts. It's a little hard to write about something when you don't remember anything about it. The online menu tells me that they offer "Thai donuts" which I'm guessing we ordered but I have absolutely no memory of it.

I guess that's why I want to start writing more and hate that I'm losing my memories. I hate looking at something, even something as minor as a plate of donuts, and thinking, "I have no idea what this is about" or "I don't remember this at all." The prospect of losing memories terrifies me because it makes me wonder just how much I've forgotten and how much I will forget. Something like a photo should at the very least jog my memory. I guess some things, like Thai donuts, might be forgettable while vacations make more of an impression on the brain. That would make sense. But I do wonder how much I have lost.

I used to keep a journal (on paper) but that trickled away as things got busy during college. I used to try to "catch up" and remembered what I had done each day in order to do so, but never ended up catching up and now all those college memories are gone. My memory must have been so much better back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment