Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hawaiian Pineapples

I have always liked pineapples, even the canned Dole pineapple pieces. Pineapples are that perfect combination of sweet and tangy fruit that I love.


If I thought I loved pineapples before, I never realized just how good they could be until we went to Maui. On our second trip there, we stopped by the farmers market in Honokowai and picked up some pineapple pieces. Best pineapple we ever had! It was so perfectly sweet. Loved it.

When my parents were in Maui for the wedding, they went on an excursion to the pineapple plantation. That's one of the best things about Maui - the fruits and vegetables grown there are so fresh and just better, because of the volcanic soil. On the pineapple excursions, you get to take souvenirs home, so my parents brought home a giant pineapple. When we went to visit one weekend after returning to NYC, we broke open and split the pineapple, a wonderful memory of Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment