Friday, October 21, 2011

Sinus Infections Suck

I'm officially sick. Apparently trying to will myself to feel better was no match for this brutal sinus infection.

I spent almost two hours at Duane Reade for an appointment at the walk-in clinic and a visit to the pharmacy. The pharmacy worker told me to come back later and estimated that it would be 90 minutes if I decided to wait for my prescription. Since there was no line at the time and no one seemed especially busy, I tried to explain to her that these were antibiotics I needed to start as soon as possible, and that I would really prefer to wait instead of having to go out again later. She told the pharmacist who said it was fine, but 30 minutes later, I still had no meds. I went back to ask her again and she had no recollection of anything that happened until I related the entire history. At least my memory hasn't been compromised by this infection.

Unfortunately I can't even "enjoy" my sick day by sleeping and watching movies, since I have to do work. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment