Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cranberry Sauce

Today's numerically chosen photo of the day is...


Cranberry sauce from a can.

This photo is from Thanksgiving 2009. We had dinner at my parents' house and unlike most years, we didn't drive out the night before. We stayed in the city and went to the Thanksgiving Day Parade which was being held in Times Square that year. It wasn't that cold out but I didn't remember the parade being so boring! (I had gone once before as a kid.) We didn't know who all the balloons were (we were Yo Gabba Gabba-dumb until the kids in front of us started talking about it) and after awhile, we (and others near us) just wanted Santa to come already so we could leave! We had invested all that time; we had to at least stay for Santa. Somehow, collectively we took almost 350 photos of the boring parade.

Dinner was delicious as usual. In addition to the turkey (which is my least favorite part of a Thanksgiving day meal - I love sides), there was stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots, pumpkin pie and our contribution - brussels sprouts with chestnuts. Love brussels sprouts. So healthy and hearty. There was also cranberry sauce that came out of a can. That's how cranberry sauce is usually served at our holiday dinners, but it makes A sad. One year he made his recipe for cranberry sauce which included lots of actual cranberries and fruit. It was really good, but I guess a lot of people in my family are so used to the canned cranberry sauce that that has become a tradition of sorts. I liked A's cranberry sauce for dessert but I don't usually use the canned stuff because I'm not a big fan of putting fruit into my regular food.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I would say that I can't wait for it but that would send time speeding along even faster, and I don't want to do that. But I am looking forward to Thanksgiving!

(Side programming note: It may seem like we are posting more, and we are definitely trying to post more. I miss blogging and feel like I don't really write anymore, not anything "real." So I am trying to get that back. Also, I like looking back to see what I was doing a year ago, 2 years ago, etc. and I can't do that if I don't blog. So, consider blogging more to be like a new years resolution. That was conveniently made on Rosh Hashanah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment