Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunday Night Update

Sunday's done and the conclusion is that I felt worse than yesterday. How is that possible? Another day on antibiotics and I should be feeling better, not worse. Until late tonight, when I took a super hot shower to try to clear my sinuses and then downed a cup of Theraflu (mmm, it's like drinking apple cinnamon tea), I spent most of the afternoon and evening coughing every time I spoke. It's terrible! I feel like I have to remain mute to have the best chance of not coughing and I'm not very good at communicating through gestures.

I really think I would benefit from another day working at home tomorrow but I feel guilty about missing another day of work. Even though I would actually work from home. (I also think people should be encouraged to work from home when sick so they don't get everyone else sick, but unfortunately that is not our work culture.) I guess I'll see how I feel in the morning. If it's another night like last night, or if I wake up feeling as crappy as I do now, I think I'm going to have to stay home. Too many germs/aggravating forces on the way to/from the office and in the stale office air. Would also be coughing nonstop which would disturb everyone. Really not a great idea to go, but I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment